Thursday, January 24, 2013

"The Widow" painting, inspired by Yoko Ono?

  I got in mind the image of a women, who was seemingly going through much pain emotionally. While I was painting this I had no particular person in mind of whom this painting would be in likeness to, nor did I wish this painting to resemble any other person in any way, shape, or form. How ever, while I was painting this picture, I came to the realization that this painting may have been unconsciously inspired by Yoko Ono.. There I was, painting this women who was grieving, and there to my left was my John Lennon painting staring me in the eyes as the oil dried a few feet away from me. I was somewhat troubled by this, it was not my intention to portray any likeness to Yoko Ono, and I stopped the painting, leaving it "uncompleted"; but in my mind I had already decided that the painting was already as complete as it was ever going to be.


  It is possible that while I was painting this painting I was unconsciously inspired by Yoko Ono, this is an embarrassing story for me to tell, to be honest; and others may not see any relations between the painting and Yoko Ono. It was after my discovery of this unintentional likeness to the singer, that I decided to name this painting "The Widow". At the end of the day I am pleased with the out come of this painting, if you would like to purchase this painting then please visit my website here http://furuart.wix.com/furuarts and if you have any question you can contact me via the Contact page on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment